Sunday, January 17, 2016

It never ceases to amaze me...

How the human mind works.

But, I'll get to that in a  minute. Hello all! Happy new year. Just a couple weeks late. Should I go so far as wishing all of you happy holidays as I've not blogged in a month? Ok, better late than never... Happy Holidays!

This is a stitching blog...but, I've not stitched in a very long time. I just am not pleased with the colors on this stitch and have lost all motivation with it. I know if I stop on it that I'll never pick it up again. And I hate UFOs.

Ok, the human mind. Why are there people who only feel better when they've managed to upset you to the level of their own unhappiness? I've never understood that or those who feel they must put you down to feel better about themselves. It just baffles me.

When I'm upset - I tend to realize it is my problem and I must figure out what my problem is. I have learnt that the way people treat you is more about who they are vs who I am. And if I learn someone is upset with me - I leave them alone. Nothing I say or do will change their minds. They generally attempt to upset me (see paragraph above). It's a vicious circle.

Apparently I'm a bad person for not engaging. Ah, family. God's practical joke.

Denise

11 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What piece are you working on that you aren't enjoying? How much more before it is finished? How about stitching on it 15 minutes a day? Thinking of you!

Rita said...

Thanks for checking in. I hope things start looking up for you soon.

stitchersanon said...

Oh don't get me started on family rofl. I will never, ever understand people who get a kick out of making the people they are supposed to love, miserable. I hope things pick up for you soon x

paula said...

GLad to see you are back, even if your world isn't revolving well, you are still here :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I also hate having UFOs and if I have them for too long, they don't get done. Depending on how far along you are, either press on snd force yourself to finish or give yourself permission to let go. The stitching journey should.be pleasurable!

gracie said...

I know how it is to become unhappy with a project. As for the other issue, oh have I been there and still am. I finally convinced me, myself and I that it I not me and I tell you that it is not you. There, now that is better. Hopefully you will get to finish the project.

Cindy's Stitching said...

happy new year. yes, never take anything personally, easier said then done. The 4 agreements is a great book.

Dawn said...

nice to see your post Denise! hang in there....or come to Erie and enjoy my 11 inches of snow that continues to accumulate...:)

Maggee said...

I put projects aside, take them back out, reconsider, repeat a few times. If I don't feel good about a project after doing that a few times, it is gone! I have thrown away a few now... and stopped stitching on a BAP, saving the rest of the fabric for projects I will enjoy! Easy enough... It is YOUR hobby to enjoy! As for people and their emotions... Small things amuse small minds. E'nuf said! Hugs!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Sweet Denise, boy do I understand...I've had my fair share of hits in the last 5 years myself. Keep on keeping on and being you! <3 to you!

Unknown said...

Denise, Your post has caused me to stop a moment and reflect. It was wonderful you shared - and celebrate YOU.