Monday, April 8, 2013

Late Monday Happenings...

Meant to post earlier but my printer finally jerked my chain enough that I had to replace it. So, that meant a trip to town and shopping... and that threw dinner later than planned...and then DWTS was on...

So here we are ~


My mailman brought me my new floss. Aren't they gorgeous?! I especially like all the purple in this lot. And after playing with them I just had to make something.

Oh My Stars! Pincushion
from A Stitcher's Journey
Blackbird Design
28 ct Cashel Taupe
VMS floss
I have been wanting to make this pincushion since I got the pattern, When I saw the new floss together it just fit. Had this completely finished and decided to add more walnut shells. That meant I had to take the ric-rac off and unstitch. Now I'm satisfied with the poofiness. Tomorrow will see the ric rac back on. This time I think I'll stitch it on instead of hot glue.

Because I detoured on the pincushion I failed to get anything more stitched on The First ~


That's a lot of solid stitching in Olive Green. Maybe later this week I'll get it finished.

Since I'm about to fall asleep - It's off to bed for me!
Night night everyone!
Denise

12 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful colors! What a lovely pincushion.

Chris said...

Lovely floss and great progress on another tag for the calendar.
I hope that your foot is getting better daily. I am looking forward to seeing how you finish the pin cushion.

Shirlee said...

That floss looks gorgeous, & I love that BBD pin pillow. I have made a couple of those as gifts but really need to make one for myself! Perhaps seeing your's will give me the kick in the butt I need to do that : ) I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

Dawn said...


Beautiful floss, Love the colors you choose.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

That's a lot of floss! Looking forward to seeing your cushion all done!

Parsley said...

Can I come over and play floss with you? ;-)

Unknown said...

Love colors of floss for sure... and I like your stitching!

Vickie said...

Oh those colors are gorgeous!! Just love it!

Linda said...

Gorgeous floss. The First looks good.

Linda

Maggee said...

Love the BBD finish... look forward to seeing the final product! And yes, that is a lot of solid stitching. I just finished Sweet Stella by Erynne Chard and THAT was a lot of yellow! but it is very sweet, and hopefully soon I will post about it... Hugs!

Rita said...

lol! I call your experience of getting distracted by your errand, etc. the "Give Your Mouse a Cookie" syndrome....from the children's book.

Yummy floss!

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh ~ all those colours!! Love your stitches!!