Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Couple of Finishes

Just passing through to show you that I did get a few things finished!

Oh My Stars! Pincushion
by Black Bird Designs
28 ct Taupe Cashel
VMS Floss and ric rac

I went with a couple of purple buttons on the back. Not too sure the bow looks good from this angle but I just think about myself in the mirror...not as good from the back. lol

And this morning I just finished this -

The First
by SamSarah
perforated paper
DMC, VMS, and Crescent floss

January's border is already started so I'm off to stitch a penguin this afternoon! :)

Waiting for the thunderstorms this afternoon - our very first spring storm. No more snow...unless something odd happens. Winter is over. Never did get that BIG snow I wanted. Maybe next year!

Happy Hump Day Everyone!
Denise

12 comments:

Vicki said...

Your pin cushion is terrific!

Deb said...

Great finishes Denise!! Love your comment about looking at yourself from the back - I don't have the courage to do that! LOL

We're having a good thunderstorm as I write this - should probably not be on the computer. You know Spring has to be coming even though the temps still aren't that warm.

Linda said...

Congrats on the finishes Denise. They are both adorable. I love the little pillow.

Linda

Catherine said...

We never got the big snow we wanted either ~ and after the heat yesterday and today, I can tell Panzer is not a summer dog!!
Your finish is adorable!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Great Finishes Denise! I have been stitching away too! lol

Dawn said...

love the colors from VMS, well done!

Natasha said...

Wonderful finishes, love the colors you used on Oh My Stars.... Hoping that winter trully is over.... Bring on the heat :)

Maggee said...

Very nice pin cushion! Isn't purple a great color??!! Hugs!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Great finishes, Denise!

Chris said...

Great finishes!

rosek1870 said...

Those colors are beautiful! Good luck with those storms. We had our first one last night. I never saw anything like it here. Started with a roaring wind then quarter sized hail, crazy lightening and I even saw a funnel cloud but it dissapated before hitting the ground. scary stuff. Temps went from 87 to 65 in a few minutes!!

Off to work to await the next storm (some time today)
Hugs
Rose

Shirlee said...

Great finishes!