Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Present, A Finish, and A Start

Good Morning Everyone! It's another gray day in Ohio. We are to clear up later today and I hope the weatherman is right. There is the possibility of snow on Friday! Crossing my fingers we get enough that it lasts to Christmas.

Yesterday on my way into the house I stopped at the mailbox. I found a package tucked in with the other mail. In the few seconds it took for me to pull the mail from the box I racked my brain trying to remember if I had any outstanding presents floating in the system. Nothing came to mind. Ha, I didn't order anything it was from April!




Thank you April! What a wonderful surprise! Your ornament now hangs at the top of my stitching tree. And the ric-rac will be perfect to finish off these L*K Santas. I can't wait to complete a couple more so I can do some finishing!

Speaking of completing a Santa ~

Unwrap the Joy
L*K
unknown linen
with DMC and Hand dye floss

These little guys are quiet fun. Although, I think I've used the last Whisper on this one. I just didn't like the way it seems to clump. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I decided not to fuss about it too much and go to a floss that I know how to handle.

I started this one over the weekend ~

Santa is Coming to Town
L*K
Today is Day 2 of cookie making. The flavor - chocolate chip. Not sure if I'll make 2 or 3 batches. Rob and Logan each want their own batch and I want to send another one to Rob's workplace. I'm sure the men there will eat cookies.

That leaves chocolate with vanilla chips, chocolate crimples, and raisin to go. The raisin cookies could be a tough cookie for me. I've NEVER done a filled or sugar cookie. AND this is Rob's grandmother's recipe. She used a coffee cup as a measuring cup and I tried  translate her instructions. Oh, this could be an epic disaster.

Better go get breakfast and get busy. Otherwise, I may be pulling cookies out of the oven at midnight!
Denise

9 comments:

natalysneedle said...

Love your LK Santa finish and start! They are both adorable and I love the colors used. Great Ornament giftie from April. Good Luck with the cookies. I can already smell the wonderfulness.

Karyn said...

Oh Denise, what a wonderful treat you received, I just love mailbox surprises! Enjoy it :)
I love your L*K Santas..they are so cute.
Yummy, your cookie list made me hungry, good luck with them all, I'm sure they will all turn out wonderful and will taste amazing.
Can't wait to hear about your raisin cookies...maybe a pic?
Hugs
Ma

Dawn said...

Ah. The Lizzie Kate's are to cute. My mom always makes my brothers and I our batch of favorites lol. I threw a Batch out yesterday, I double checked the recipe but my kids insist they were too salty. Wish me luck, off to try cut outs. Yeh snow, hoping for some here to.

Vickie said...

Beautiful stitching. I am interested to find out how the cookies turn out. Sounds difficult. Hope it goes well.

paula said...

Besides the coffee cup of flour and sugar , , do you use a piece of butter "the size of an egg." That is in one of my grandmother's recipes . . . how they ever cooked?

I looked thou a recipe book from one of the grandmothers and it just says to bake things . . no time or temp . . and moi . . . not a baking genius!

Santas look pretty awesome!

Linda said...

Congrats on the ornament finish and the new start Denise. Makes me want to start all of them at the same time. lol

Happy Holidays, Linda

Catherine said...

Love your stitches and what a great surprise from April!
Good luck with the cookies ~ made my first batches today and thanks to my boys, they'll be gone soon!

♥ Nia said...

Congrats on your finish!! Great fabric choice, looks so pretty :)
hugs&smiles

Chris said...

What a lovely ornament from your friend.
Your santa's look great too.
Good luck with the cookies. I am sure they will be wonderful!