Friday, October 19, 2012

A Finish and A Start

Good Morning Everyone - It's Friday! Thank Goodness!

Wanted to stop by and tell you I have a finish!

Guiding Light
Heritage Crafts
scrap of linen
DMC Floss
This took longer than expected and those crazy half stitches weren't as bad as I thought they'd be. You had to count a little more than normal but all in all not bad. Think I will do the companion piece for this and then frame them together.

But, did I pick up the companion piece? No. I'm feeling a little wintery and picked up this -


Mine doesn't look quite that good :)


But, it is a start. My first attempt with this was on a Bay Leaf linen and the blue would not show. I know the greens would have been lost too. DH (my color consultant) came to the rescue and we decided on this piece of Coffee linen. The panels reminded me of the collage of the snow people I made. Guess I'm practicing.

Rather fired up with this new SAL in the works. We now number 5 and if anyone else is interested please let one of us know! I've added a spot on my sidebar for the SAL's I'm involved with. That way you can easily see how each of us is doing.

Tomorrow will once again find me watching OSU at noon. Hopefully, we don't make the showing we did last week with Indiana. We won by the grace of God. It sure wasn't anything else.

May your weekend be exciting and fun!
Denise


12 comments:

Vickie said...

Guiding Light really turned out great!

Rita said...

Beautiful finish!

Great choice with that CCN piece! I look forward to watching your progress.

I'm very excited about the upcoming SAL too.

CalamityJr said...

Guiding Light is so peaceful. Well done! Great choice for your next project, too, but I have to know - are you singing along as you stitch?!?

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish. Great new start. Look forward to seeing your progress on the SAL.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Great finish Denise!!! I love the new one you are starting.. I have it in the never ending pile of stash.. Enjoy your game day!!!

Unknown said...

The CCN Snowflake Serenade was one of my favorites to stitch!! I'm really looking forward to our snowman SAL! Your Guiding Light turned out GREAT!!!!

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki said...

Guiding Light is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the companion piece.

Linda said...

Congrats on the finish Denise. It turned out great. I really like it. Great start on your new project.

Linda

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Cheers on your finish and I JUST LOVE YOUR NEW CHOICE..... hmmm maybe I will have to find that chart and maybe I will have to stitch it up too...so pretty.
As always

Chris said...

Lovely finish! Your SAL sounds exciting, who doesn't love snowmen? I have already committed to a large project so, I have to pass :( I am working on not overcommitting:)
Have a great weekend!

Deb said...

Why is it that the things that we don't think will take long always do. Guiding Light came out wonderful!

Patty C. said...

Wonderful new start :)