Sunday, May 20, 2012

Exhaustion Over!

Phew --- it's been a long week! 
Finally time to sit in the a/c and breath. 
**************************** 

There's been very little stitching happening these last several days. Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow and throw in a few stitches between the gravel delivery (I hope to get this in the am) and the dental appointment for the boy. We'll see though.

I promised pictures of the flowers I have on my porch. Well, I decided to edit several pictures down to one. lol

Been so busy that I haven't had the chance to even email Mel at Epic Stitching and let her know that the package she sent me arrived! I won her give away about a month ago and got hand made bracelets!

Shoot - forgot to rotate the picture before downloading it. If you enlarge the picture you'll see one bracelet is beaded and the other two are woven. Beautiful! I can't wait to put one on. The texture on the orange/brown one is amazing. Thank you Mel!

The graduation party for my boy is over. A week from tonight he graduates from high school and we'll have a final weenie roast. To say I'm ready for a break is a small understatement. Yesterday we had 66 people through the house in 3 hours. Some stayed 3 1/2 hours after the party ended. We invited twice that...my poor house couldn't have handled that many...hehe.

No more parties until late July. DH will be 50 this year and we're having another blowout! Good golly I'll be partied out by the end of summer!

Hope the weekend has been enjoyable and you've gotten a few minutes stitching in.
Denise

7 comments:

CalamityJr said...

So glad to hear you've survived. I knew you would! Oh, my gosh, though - to be able to sit on that porch, with the river view, even while I'm not stitching, would be absolutely wonderful. Hope you finally have a chance to enjoy it!

Shari said...

hey stranger,we can compare busy notes...I am taking a breather too!
Sounds like you have been super busy getting ready & now you can relax a bit!!!

mdgtjulie said...

That porch looks fabulous, Denise. And I hope you get some stitching time in somewhere. Grats to your DS on his graduation. Life is so hopeful then. You're on a great journey. I hope he has a good one!! And the flowers are pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your porch looks lovely with all the flowers!

Lovely bracelets, very pretty!

Grit said...

Die Arbeit hat sich gelohnt. Die Terasse sieht super aus.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Linda said...

Oh Denise. I'm still lovin that porch. I am so jealous. I think I'll move next door so I can spend the days sitting their stitching. lol

Linda

Catherine said...

Oh the hours we could spend stitching I that porch of yours! Sounds like you still have some hectic times coming up!!