Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chocolate Love A'fair

Yep, that was the name of today's event! And the one word I can think of that fits...sinful!

Be warned - I am not liable for any keyboard drooling incidents. :)


I have had the cookie on left middle of this picture. It was a nicely bodied chocolate cookie with a creamy cherry covered in dark chocolate topping. The little item on the other half of the box was a s'more like thing and I wasn't a fan. And the item in the cup was an all natural chocolate pudding. It did not taste like commercial pudding. 


The ice cream in this  picture was called "Killer" and it was! The chocolate sauce with the brownie was somewhat sour and was a wonderful accompaniment to the brownie.


And this is 3 of 6 plates on our table. I bet there were 1 million calories between all the boxes. I will be freezing most of mine later. There is no way any one person should have this much sweet stuff in a few days let along in one.

As we were going through the line an auction of more foods/desserts began. I kept my head and hands down. What I needed - more food. My diet took a severe hit today and hasn't been doing too well anyway!

Today the weather man was off. The snow/rain line was to be at least 40 miles north of us and we were to have all rain all day. Oops - we got nearly 2" of snow that started melting immediately after it stopped snowing.

My stitching has suffered greatly this week. I started the family genealogy. Oh good golly - I have nearly 700 people in already and back to the 1700's. Thank goodness the Schupp, Furbay, Long, and Van Norman's all had someone put their branches together. Now, I must find the Brosius, Mathews, Steed, and John families.

Well, these genealogy papers are calling my name. I need to get busy on them. And then after I get all the records in the program - I get to add pictures. Again - oh good golly!

So, I'm off to add another 50 people to my ever growing tree!
Denise

10 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh!! That's not fair to show all that goodness!!

Karen said...

I don't know Denise.... I think I could give that container a run in one day! OMG...how beautiful those goodies look.

have fun with your family history...

Krista said...

Wow, I wish I could have a little taste! All looks so yummy!
Have fun working on your family history.. I have been doing mine too, it is so much fun to do :)

paula said...

FAMILY TREE. . .BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA

100% more addicting than chocolate.

CalamityJr said...

Ooh, the brownie and sauce... my poor keyboard!

Cindy's Stitching said...

I love chocolate. Looks so good

Mouse said...

ohhhhhhh that looks heaven and very sinful and I darn't look any more heheheh ... well done on getting so much done on your family tree :) off to go and make a cuppa and find a plain biscuit to stave off the hunger pangs heheheh :) love mouse xxxx

Teresa said...

WOW! I can't believe all the chocolate goodies. I will be right over with my fork.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Maggee said...

Yummy loooking delicacies! Oh, and don't forget all the documents like birth, bpatism and death certs that you scan in, and letters, and general correspondence, and obituaries. The list goes on and on... I have about 25 years worth of documentation to scan into the computer! At least FOUR huge plastic containers!! However, then I would have no time to stitch, and that ain't happening! I will get to it eventually! Hugs!

Pumpkin said...

Oh, oh, oh! I'm licking my screen... What I wouldn't give to sink my teeth into all that chocolate ;o)

Good luck with your new project. My parents are into that as well. My dad's side is pretty much all worked out but mom's is quite a mess.