Tuesday, January 31, 2012

One Nation...Showing Progress!

I planned to post this yesterday but my insomnia kicked my butt and I just couldn't. Three hours of sleep leave a lot to be desired. Then last night - got to bed at a great time only to wake three hours later and stay up another three before returning to bed! But, at least I got more sleep!

This sleeplessness does have benefits!

As of Jan 23rd

As of this morning Jan 31st

The lighting on this is just terrible (my apologies) but I tried several spots and the color just wasn't showing. btw - that is the sun shining on the lower right of the picture! Yes, the sun is out and the temps are to be in the mid 50's today (11C)! 

The stitching may have to wait on doing a few things outside - we have pampas grass that needs trimmed for spring and today would be the perfect day to do it! (No one tell Jayne I may put something before stitching!)

My family and I are planning to go to a wonderful event this Saturday! The local hospital is having a chocolate fest where we get to try at least 20 chocolate desserts, help pick the people's choice, and attend a foody auction. I think my camera my have to go along - one thing though - no suing me if you drool on your keyboard! 

Courtney and her friend are coming over in an hour and I still sit in my sweats. Must keep this short if I am to be presentable - read clothed and hair brushed! I'm off to start my day! 

Think spring may be just around the corner and I can't wipe the silly grin from my face! 
Denise

12 comments:

Natasha said...

Great progress, sorry you can't sleep that must stink :( But like you said lots of stitching time :)

Chocolate tasting?!?! No thats my kind of night ;) Enjoy!

Cindy's Stitching said...

very pretty. Hope you start sleeping well.

Teresa said...

One Nation is coming along nicely.
I can not wait to hear all about those chocolate desserts.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

EXCUSE ME?????

Linda said...

Hi Denise. I just found your blog and became a follower. Your stitching is awesome. I'm going to go back thru your posts and read them. I love One Nation and am going to order it. I was very excited to see your post about 272 Words. I am working on that one and yours is the first blog I have seen that is also going to stitch it. If you have a chance, please stop by my blog and take a peek.


Linda

http://bengalcatlover10.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

Denise, I see you listed my giveaway on your sidebard, did you want to enter it? If you do leave a comment on this post:

http://bengalcatlover10.blogspot.com/2012/01/1-year-blogoverary-giveaway.html

Linda

Deb said...

Your sleeping habits sound like mine - I do the exact same thing!

Your piece is coming along beautifully. It's going to be stunning when it's finished!

Carol said...

I really love following along on your progress on this one, Denise! My youngest son asked me to do a stitching of a flag and I'm considering this, but not sure about those "flower" like stars. I'll wait and see how yours looks all finished up!

Enjoy all that chocolate--sounds like my idea of heaven!!

Ranae said...

The flag is looking great
Oh! A chocolate fest, I want to go, lol
Have fun and please post some pictures, I'll sign a waiver, lol

Catherine said...

Great progress! Oh, wish I could tag along to the chocolate event!

Mouse said...

well I suppose insomnia has to have some perks ..lol .. well done on the stitching and cooo sunshine too ...
enjoy your chocolate fest ..lol love mouse xxxxx

Pumpkin said...

I'd say those sleepless nights have agreed with you on the stitching front but don't make a habit out of it! Looks great Denise :o)

Ohhhhhh, chocolate!!!! PLEASE eat PLENTY for me ;o)