Thursday, October 20, 2011

Number 49!

If someone had told me I'd be approaching 50 finishes this year -
 I would have laughed. 
Never before have I finished this many pieces. 
I can't believe it! 

***********************************************

So here it is ~

Joy and Peace
Little House Needleworks
Recommended floss
Scrap of evenweave
Down to the sheepie -- starting it hopefully yet this morning. And then this afternoon I am taking DD to the periodontist.

((( The following description may make some weak at the knees. If you have a queasy stomach - you may want to pass reading the following paragraph))

Poor kid. She's had an odyssey with her left canine. First she got stuck with me and my genetic issue with that tooth not descending properly. Hers was stuck just beneath her left nostril and they had to cut into her gums on both the front and roof of her mouth to attach wires and pull it down. The orthodontist pulled and thought it would relapse back into the gum at the proper height. She was one of three in his whole practice that it didn't do as it should. It's been loose from the day it erupted from her gum. As of today we are about 5 years into this. Hopefully, the periodontist will be able to tell us a plan of action to stop her tooth from falling out. Otherwise, she's looking at a root canal, bridge, or implant. None of which sound like a good time. 

You can start reading again .... Did anyone else get 2.5" of rain yesterday?? Thank goodness it wasn't cold enough for that four letter word. We would have ended up with over 20" of it. Eek! This fall has been so wet. The color has been sucked from the trees. 

Times a wasting - need to have breakfast and shower. DD will be here before I know it and I won't be ready. Opps! 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by - please feel free to comment - I do love comments. 

Oh, speaking of which - I'm at a loss. I get replies to my comments on other blogs all the time and they show what I said and the the blogger is able to write me an email above the comment. When ever I want to do that I go through this small **ll to do so. I have to click their icon, go to their email, copy it, open a new email, paste their address in, then go back and copy their comment, paste it into the email, and then write. There has to be an easier way! Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong!! Please! 

Maybe if I learnt how to reply to comments like a big girl I would do it! Yeah, don't get your hopes up, but I might! 

I'm off - hope your day it terrific and you accomplish all you want today! 

17 comments:

Terri said...

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment - 49 finishes!

Love the ornament too!

I don't know anything much about comments. I just usually reply to the notices I receive in my email. Sorry - not much help, am I? :-)

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

gee, you don't need help from above the 49th, your going like gangbusters girl....lol
I hope all goes with with DD's appointment today. 49? REALLY?
Be always in stitches.

Catherine said...

Ouch on your DD's dental work!! I hope they figure it all out!

Cute ornament finish!! So sweet!

As for the comments, if you go to your blogger dashboard under settings, click on comments and towards the bottom, there is a section to enter email addresses. All comments will be forwarded to whatever email address you supply, making it easy to reply to your commenters. I think this is what you are looking for.

Catherine said...

Ouch on your DD's dental work!! I hope they figure it all out!

Cute ornament finish!! So sweet!

As for the comments, if you go to your blogger dashboard under settings, click on comments and towards the bottom, there is a section to enter email addresses. All comments will be forwarded to whatever email address you supply, making it easy to reply to your commenters. I think this is what you are looking for.

Parsley said...

I think I've created a tenth of what you have this year. {sigh} But at least I'm stitching! Good for you!!!!

Teresa S. said...

Wow,49 finishes-that is a fantastic stitching year- Congrats!

Charity C. said...

I like your new finish. About the email...in your settings for your blog you can make it to where when you receive a comment it will send you an email. Just go to your dashboard click settings then comments and at the end of the page type in your email to the Comment Notification Email box. So instead of publishing comments from your blog dashboard you can publish them from your email. When you do that the same email will be sent to you again but without the option to publish. This email will have the commenters email address and all you do is click reply. When they receive that email they will see their own comment and your response or thank you. Sorry that was so long winded, but I hope it helped. I know this works, because I was doing it the same way you were before. LOL!

Jules said...

WOW! Your needles are on fire this year, LOL!

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on your 49th finish. It is gorgeous. Can't help with the comments, sorry. Hope it goes okay for your daughter.

Cath said...

If you go to your dashboard and click on the comments bit it will give you the option to have comments sent to your email address. Click on this and then save at the bottom of the page. You will get an email when someone leaves a message and can reply directly and publish the comment from this .
Clear as mud ?
If you need any more help , drop me a line and I'll sort it out for you .X

Love the finishe btw . X

Unknown said...

Wow 49 finishes, well what is going to be your golden 50th finish? Eeeek on the dentistry!!

Shari said...

looks great!!! Congrats on so many finishes...
I don't remember seeing this one either....I am out of touch with so many designers any more!

Kaisievic said...

I am amazed - 49 finishes! I have only one to my name this year! lol

Congratulations on a great finish.

Hugs, Kaye

Mindi said...

That is a LOT of finishes! I hope the appt for your DD goes well this afternoon, and he comes up with a better option.

Nancy said...

Congrats on 49 finishes! Hope DD doesn't have to go through too much more with that tooth! My mom had an implant for one of her front teeth and it didn't seem to be such a bad procedure.

Pumpkin said...

Maybe I should stop talking to you ;o) LOL! Just kidding! Again, love your latest finish.

Ewwwwww! I'm squirming in my seat just thinking about it...

LoriU said...

49 finishes! I am IMPRESSED! And the 49th one is just beautiful!! Congrats!