Friday, October 15, 2010

Lots of news...

It has been a big day in bloggerville! I met Lee from Lake Stitcher in real life. My first new acquaintance from the web! One down and many more to go. We had a nice visit - for two people who have never met - we talked non-stop for two hours. She is a very sweet woman - I hope we get together again sometime soon!

And I also received a goody in the mail! Natalie was so very kind to send me a pin keep she made and some candy! The stitching is exquisite. On the back she did over one. How she manages is beyond me!

My very first pin keep. I don't know to use it or sit in my chair and croon "It's so pretty." Think "The Devil Wears Prada" when Andy is giving out gifts at the restaurant. Her friend gets the purse and croons too.

I said I finished a few things. Well, they are done but... let's say I am a better stitcher than finisher. Finishing requires imagination and skill. Well, I think I lack in both. But, they are now out of the drawer so it counts!
They are sitting on their backing fabric. DH thought the ornies looked fine without any fiber fill. I'm not so sure. I got some today and might pick the hand sewn places open and lightly fill them. The Pumpkin and Santa have foam core in them. I thought I could use them as leaners. I'm not sure if I like flat folds yet and my crafting ability would be taxed to the max trying to make them. The pillow started to have a ruffle - but that failed miserably. The pillow had to be taken apart and the ruffle removed. I know what I did - silly stupid lack of forethought!

Crystal and I are going to do a SAL with Thine is the Trick and the Treat. We neither have ever hosted a SAL. But, we wondered if anyone else would like to join us. It will be at least another week before we have all of our supplies. Please email one of us and let us know.

I think that covers it all for now!

Have a wonderful weekend -
Smiles - Denise

6 comments:

Parsley said...

OH how FUN to meet a blogging buddy. Maybe I'll meet YOU someday.

Enjoy your stitching.

Kttycat said...

I'm thinking about joining you and Crystal. That's the first every Quaker that I actually like. So I'm thinking I should stitch it.

I love all your finishes they all look great to me! I think we all can be our worst critics when it comes to our own work.

Emily & Scott said...

I love your finishes!! I'm still trying to figure out how to "finish" my stuff ... but I guess that will come with time!!

Thank you earlier for your thoughts!! I really appreciate everything!!

Pumpkin said...

That must have been so awesome to meet another Blogger! What fun :o)

You HAVE been busy finishing!!!! Good for you!

The pincushion is adorable so no wonder you want to show it off ;o)

paula said...

I like the flat ornies . . . .and all of your work makes me sick that I don't have that much lying around to finish andd make "purdy."


If you ever do a Snowman SAL, count me in.

\0/ paula

Crystal said...

Great job on your finishes they are wonderful