Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Merry Winter Finished and TUSAL

It's starting to sound redundant around here! As the title states Merry Winter is complete!

Merry Winter
 Homespun Elegance
28ct creme evenweave

I should say thank-you to Drs. Burns and Browning for this. DS had his last orthodontist adjustment on Monday and I tagged along since there would be shopping to do. And yesterday I had an appointment to get test results. I must say after my appointment - I strutted out of her office. Yes, STRUTTED! My kidneys, thyroid, sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides are all within normal range. TMI, but I was quiet thrilled! I even did my 'happy' dance!

The doctors weren't so slow that I got it all done. Nope, couldn't sleep last night and stayed up until 2am and got another large portion done. I put the last stitch in maybe 30 minutes ago!

I also wanted to share my version of the TUSAL. I found this on Bronny's site several weeks ago. I have been collecting my orts for years. But, I do things a bit different than most. What else is new? I then roll them into balls and put them into a dust free container. Since I have been doing this for years I didn't feel I could participate in the TUSAL.




The wooden bowl - DH made! I'm telling you he is a talented man! It was his first attempt ever at using a lathe to turn wood. And I got it!

Well, that's all the news I have going for me today. Hope this finds you happy and healthy!

Smiles - Denise

2 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Ok, so now you get those clear Christmas ornaments which open and fill them with your orts and have them to add to the tree. I usually fill one of those tiny teeny little jam jars with the orts of any one given project, then put a little note in the jar, decorate it up a tad and give it to the recipient of the stitching at Christmas. Call me crazy, but people love to get them as much as the stitching itself...

Glad to hear of the great results. You go girl
Be always in stitches.

Pumpkin said...

Well lookie here, another finish! Smokin! LOL! Lovely Denise :o)

How do you get them into little balls like that? That's really neat!