Saturday, April 17, 2010

One over One...OMG!

I now understand why people who smoke comment that "They need to go smoke." I just tried one over one on 32ct. My eyes have not uncrossed yet. I did it though. Not sure I would win any competetions. Bless all of you who have the eyesight and want to stitch on this teeny tiny eetsy bitsy fabric count. How do you do it??? I can't even see the completed stitches as such. I mean I know they are there, but are the stitches the way I want them? I just can't tell. Here's the project - Grateful Hearts by The Trilogy.

So, after 45 minutes and what amounted to maybe 150 stitches I gave up. I went back to "Grace." I stitched it for another 20 minutes and my eyes begged for a break. So, I came out of my room and decided to whine and complain here. This is Grace.

Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest. It is cloudy and cool today. The sun was shining earlier this morning but now it is hiding.

I did promise a receipe a for Italian Wedding Soup. I had to laugh a couple of days ago some Italian friends stopped by to visit. We got to talking about food and Valerie decided she wanted some of my receipes. Me, a mutt of European heritage, giving an Italian some receipes. What a joke!

Well, here it is...
Soup ingredients - 6 cups of chicken broth, 2 chicken breasts, 2 bunches of green onions chopped, 3 carrots diced, 3 stalks of celery diced, 2 cloves of garlic minced, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 TBS butter, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 pound fresh spinach finely chopped, 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped, 1/2 parmesan cheese.

Saute the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic in large stock pot with the olive oil and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer while adding chicken breasts. Poach chicken in stock pot with veggies for 10-15 minutes. Remove and shred the chicken - then add it back to stock pot. Add spinach and parsley and simmer another 30 minutes. Add meatballs and simmer another 15-20 minutes.

Meatball ingredients - 1 pound ground pork, 1 bunch green onions diced, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped, 1/4 tsp of each salt and pepper.

In large bowl combine all ingredients together. Make meatballs about 1" diameter.

Well, my eyesight is back and its time to go stitch again. Thank goodness - didn't want the day to be wasted.

No comments: